Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2003-026 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of your
Red Hat Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
The kernel shipped with Fedora Core 1 was vulnerable to a bug in the
error return on a concurrent fork() with threaded exit() which could be
exploited by a user level program to crash the kernel.
In addition to this bug fix, the changelog below details various
other non security fixes that have been added.
* Mon Dec 01 2003 Dave Jones
- sys_tgkill wasn't enabled on IA32.
* Sun Nov 30 2003 Dave Jones
- Process scheduler fix.
When doing sync wakeups we must not skip the notification of other cpus if
the task is not on this runqueue.
* Wed Nov 26 2003 Justin M. Forbes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Merge required ia32 syscalls for AMD64
- [f]truncate64 for 32bit code fix
* Mon Nov 24 2003 Dave Jones
- Fix power-off on shutdown with ACPI.
- Add missing part of recent cmpci fix
- Drop CONFIG_NR_CPUS patch which was problematic.
- Fold futex-fix into main futex patch.
- Fix TG3 tqueue initialisation.
- Various NPTL fixes.
* Fri Nov 14 2003 Dave Jones
- Drop netfilter change which proved to be bad upstream.
* Thu Nov 13 2003 Justin M. Forbes <email@example.com>
- Fix NForce3 DMA and ATA133 on AMD64
* Wed Nov 12 2003 Dave Jones
- Fix syscall definitions on AMD64
* Tue Nov 11 2003 Dave Jones
- Fix Intel 440GX Interrupt routing.
- Fix waitqueue leak in cmpci driver.
* Mon Nov 10 2003 Dave Jones
- Kill noisy warnings in the DRM modules.
- Merge munged upstream x86-64.org patch for various AMD64 fixes.
* Mon Nov 03 2003 Dave Jones
- Further cleanups related to AMD64 build.
* Fri Oct 31 2003 Dave Jones
- Make AMD64 build.
Solution : http://www.fedoranews.org/updates/FEDORA-2003-026.shtml
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2004 Tenable Network Security
|Vantec 6-Port SATA II 150 PCI Host Card w/RAID - perfect working condition
|StarTech.com PCISATA4R1 4 Port PCI SATA RAID Controller Adapter Card
|Western Digital My Passport Pro 2TB Thunderbolt Portable RAID Portable Storage
|Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials Raid 1 Office Home Business 2x2TB G330
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.