Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Searches for the existence of bugzilla
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote web server contains a CGI application that suffers from
The remote Bugzilla bug tracking system, according to its version
number, is vulnerable to various flaws :
- An administratrator may be able to execute arbitrary SQL commands on
the remote host.
- There are instances of information leaks which may let a possible hacker
know the database password (under certain circumstances, 2.17.x only)
or obtain the names of otherwise hidden products.
- A user with grant membership rights may escalate his rights
and belong to another group.
- There is a cross site scripting issue in the administrative web
- Users passwords may be embedded in URLs (2.17.x only).
- Several information leaks that may permit users to acertain the
names of other users and non-users to obtain a list of products,
including those that administrators might want to keep confidential.
See also :
Upgrade to 2.16.6 or 2.20 or later.
Network Security Threat Level:
Low / CVSS Base Score : 3
Networks Security ID: 10698
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Tenable Network Security
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.